Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's ALIVE!

I know what you're thinking...and your mother would be ashamed. Besides that, I bet you thought I was dead, or at least the blog was, and to tell you the truth so did I. So, I bet you're wondering...what's the latest special at Red Lobster, and I'd tell you to stop daydreaming and PAY ATTENTION! You are also probably suffering from ADHD or you are 5 years old. Getting back to the blog, I was getting pretty frustrated on a number of levels from lack of readership to lethargy towards writing, but I kept wanting to come back to it in some form so I decided to give it another shot.

As you can see, I've done what any good marketer does when a company wants to reintroduce a product that has already been on the market but not done well...I've put it in new packaging. Unlike those products, however, I do plan to make some changes. I changed the theme to be simpler and less distracting, but my first choice looked too much like President's blog, so I had to choose something else. In the end, I decided I would just do the exact opposite of him out of spite for making my theme decisions more difficult. So I went with a darker theme and reversed the columns around. Take THAT President! I also settled on Courier for the title font, in sort of an homage the history of journalism where typing away at a typewriter was the way to get the word out...also take it away from President who is into that sort of typewriter thing.

[Meant to put a venomous meme picture here but couldn't find one I liked. Also lost 30 minutes looking at LOLcats.]

To make it easier to get posts out the door, the new format will be posts no longer than TWO sentences...until I change my mind. Perhaps a picture occasionally. It will be a little like Twitter in blog form, maybe or maybe not completing a whole thought. Let's see how that works. Maybe I'll occasionally rant longer about something, but it's the detailed posts that usually hang me up. At least I hope to have something new on a regular basis, even if it is just a stupid picture.

From the first line of results for "stupid picture" on Google...same row, George Bush.

No comments:

Post a Comment